I genuinely can’t believe another year has come and gone already. Where does the time go?! As they say time flies when you’re having fun.
2015 has been great year and I’m sad to see it go, but I’m even more excited for 2016 and what it has to offer. I accomplished a lot in 2015 but I think 2016 will be my year. In 2015 I graduated college with honours and I completed my very first internship. Finishing college is amazing but surreal at the same time because we’re thrown into school from the age of 4 and then all of a sudden you’re out in the big bad world and expected to know what to do. However now I can find out what it is I want to do and go for it. Who knows where I might be working a year from now?
I also traveled a lot in 2015 which I’m very grateful for, with trips to Spain and around Ireland. I’ve definitely been kept busy in 2015 but that’s a good complaint. I spent New Years Eve with family and friends having a few drinks, and New Years Day at the races in Fairyhouse and then went to the Pillo Hotel in Ashbourne with my boyfriend as a belated birthday present from November!
I still can’t believe it’s 2016 and I already have so much to look forward this year. With a trip to Paris in March, an ADELE concert in March, and another internship interview already on the cards. Also how cute is my Kate Spade planner I have for this year too! As far as resolutions go they never really change much but this year I hope to:
- Go to the gym more and eat healthy. I’ve been really busy the past few months with work etc and I recently hurt my knee, so I can’t wait to get back into it!
- Not care as much what people think of me. I’m definitely a people pleaser and often get worked up over the smallest things. I spend so much time worrying and over analysing things and I really need to STOP. We are in control of our own happiness after all.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. I also get stressed over the simplest things and always make a mountain out of a mole hill, so hopefully I can focus on whats actually important.
- Get my driving licence! I am determined to finally begin driving this year, at 21 years of age I’m ashamed to say I’ve yet to start.
- Go to sleep earlier. The same as last year I still need to get more sleep! Even if I’m exhausted and need to be up super early the next morning I’ll still find somethng to do or scroll aimlessly online.
Above are just a few of my highlights from 2015. Before we know it we’ll be saying goodbye to 2016 and saying hello to 2017 so make the most out of every opportunity you can this year, and most importantly be happy. Who knows where you’ll be this time next year so as Ferris Bueller once said:
”Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Have a great 2016!